Friday, October 8, 2010

Ewwwww Gross

What happens when I have no babysitter and I am home alone on a Friday after the kids go to bed, I get on the computer and see things like Miley Cyrus' new video.  Before I go any further, I must say I understand that entertainers, athletes, musicians, movie stars, etc do not ask to be role models, but let's face it, they are. Like it or not, they chose their profession and the knew what came along with it.  A platform to change, inspire, and motivate hundreds and thousands of kids.  Or they can waste it away.  Sadly, the only ones we ever hear about are the bad.  I remember clear as day when Makayla was 4 and she came home from preschool and said she loved Hannah Montana.  I knew she had never seen the show but I did a little research and she seemed harmless enough.  So we bought in, music videos, cd's, make-up kits, dolls, pajama's, we even scored great concert tickets to see her in Cleveland.  So I know that she is now 17 and in Hollywood that must be like 30 but her new video is more like something men pay for on one of those XXX sites (at least I am assuming).  I was stunned and sad all at the same time.  Sad because I know hundreds and thousands of teenage girls will now think that sort of behavior is okay.  My heart aches for her as she is growing up way too fast and my heart aches for Makayla as she will never again be allowed to watch her show :)

With eyes wide open to the mercies of God, I beg you my brothers, as an act of intelligent worship, to give him your bodies, as a living sacrifice, consecrated to him and acceptable by him.  Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould, but let God re-mould your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good, meets all his demands and moves towards the goal of true maturity.  Romana 12:1-2

I am still working out, not losing any weight but losing my breakfast after I run around for 20 minutes :)


1 comment:

  1. I haven't see the video, but it is sad that it seems like she wants to prove she's not the innocent girl of her Disney days anymore. Sad.

    P.s. - I love the picture of Alicia and Kanon!

    ReplyDelete