Tuesday, October 5, 2010

GO TO BED

I am wondering why when these words are spoken, my kids look at me like I am speaking German.  You would think after the same routine for their entire lives, they would know what to expect.  We even have a coo-coo clock so they know when it chirps a certain number of times, it's time for bed, but regardless each and every night, I put them in bed then sit in the room below the boys and listen to them play, giggle and talk.  I must say that although I would like for them to fall fast asleep, some of my favorite memories are from the bed time routine (or lack there of).  Stone is the best, regardless if it is nap or bedtime, it never fails that he needs something at least 5 times (does that count for exercise since I have to go up and down the steps each time he yells for me?...hmmmm I am adding that to my operation get rid of jiggle).  Tonight for example, he had to tell me, "David threw a giant rock at Gargamell and knocked him over but that wasn't nice", then he called me two minutes later to tell me, "Mom, Kanon keeps laughing at me and that's why I can't sleep", and the best one was "Mom, I need to tell you that Quinn brought snack today to preschool".

Saul said to David, "Go, and the Lord be with you"  1 Samuel 17:37

When I prayed tonight with Makayla we asked that God always be in her heart and that she knows with him she can do anything but without him she can do nothing.  As I was praying with her, I realized I need to remind myself of that.  Sometimes the world gets in the way of what I have on my to-do list but isn't it funny how nothing ever gets in the way of your to-don't list....hmmmmm...does anyone have a to-don't list?  I am starting one right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment