Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mom....I just threw-up

When our kids were babies, we swore we had the BEST sleepers.  They all 3 slept through the night in a very short time frame.  Never a peep, oh how we bragged :)  Then something happened, my dad came and spent the night and he heard Stone crying at  2AM.  Strange, because I (even with monitor two inches from my head and on the highest volume) never heard him.  Basically after that night we realized our babies probably weren't the best sleepers, we were.  Luckily no baby has ever died from crying.  I know we will be the house where all the sleepovers occur because our kids will quickly realize we hear NOTHING in our sleep (that is why the alarm will always be set and the code will be shared with ZERO of our kids).  Poor Makayla last night woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me she had thrown-up.  I felt bad because I did not hear her (and I know when I am sick I want the entire house sitting there consoling me) and she was so sweet and sad all at the same time.  In the morning when I called my sister, we figured out that her son, too had thrown-up and ironically enough they threw-up the same thing-chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  So with our best medical engine search, we determined slight case of food poisoning (who needs medical school when you have web md).

"Didn't you know that I had to be in my Father's house?"  Luke 2:49

This verse was in my bible study yesterday and oh how it applies to me (in more than one case).  If I am EVER lost, find my dad-he will either be with me or know where I am.  Not much in my life happens that he does not know about.  I know, Jesus just had to feel that way, too.  God knew where he was at all times.  And now he knows where I am at all times; reading people magazine (when I should be reading the bible), talking to my sister (when I should be reading the bible), day dreaming at church (when I really should be paying attention...you get my drift.  God knows, even if you don't tell him, he knows.  How nice to know I can talk and share with someone, who already knows exactly what I am going through :)  Lucky for me, being with my dad is a shining example of being with Christ.   

No comments:

Post a Comment