Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

After 7 years of marriage I finally woke-up today and realized I live with a physically fit, exercise fanatic, who could probably help me (a little bit).  So why not start Labor Day off with some good, fine, labor.  After searching for the perfectly cute outfit to wear (this took a long time and entailed emptying a couple drawers of clothes onto the floor which now need to be picked up but I am too sore to bend over and get them), I headed for the much dreaded basement where we have a work-out room.  When I originally asked Mike if he could (maybe) help me, he was excited.  I figured he saw it as an opportunity to cause me pain, but he enjoys (weirdo) working-out.  Of course I had to bring my entourage with me (Kanon, Stone, and Tinkerbell), whom all were excited for this new adventure.  First thing out of his mouth, "Put the treadmill on 6 and run for 2.5 minutes"   Whoa, let me go back upstairs and grab a q-tip because I could have sworn he said 6.  "6?"  I ask, "6" he says.  Now right at this moment I realized two things, 1) this wasn't gonna work 2) I should have worn the other t-shirt I threw on the floor because now in this light I realize the other one was much more flattering :)   He then proceeded to ask me to lay on the floor and do crunches, to which I responded, "I need a mat or something soft to lay on" to which he responded "Lay on the bench"......After what he says was 30 minutes (I need to buy my own stopwatch because I think it was an hour)  I can not bend at the knee or move from side to side (I think he secretly is smiling at this).  But I have to say operation "Get rid of the jiggle" has started and I almost didn't eat a chocolate chip muffin pack, which is progress :)

"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands
the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth."  Ephesians 4:28



Labor Day is many things besides the day you pack up your white shoes, dresses and pants, it represents the end to summer, a day to celebrate trade and labor organizations, a day to BBQ, and most importantly the start to the first week of the NFL season :)  



1 comment:

  1. You should write a book...I find your narratives Hilarious! I often catch myself laughing out loud. love the "no pain, no gain" philosophy. Glad Mikes not my personal trainer! Keep up the good work girl! But note you look fantastic as you are:)
    laura

    ReplyDelete