Friday, September 3, 2010

Soup

Anyone that really knows me, knows I LOVE soup.  Sometimes I think I could live off of soup (with cheese, crackers, and lots of bread to dip it in).  The strange thing is I crave it more in the summer than the winter.  It also makes me think of my days when I lived in Memphis, TN.  Besides being home to Graceland (my favorite spot to visit) it is also the place I think i grew-up the most.  I only lived there a year but during that one year I realized many things (other than my love for BBQ).  I moved there not knowing anyone.  I was all of 23 years old and nothing beats the memory of me loaded into my Honda Accord ready for an adventure.  I think Memphis is where I learned how to be Koren.  Away from my family, friends, and those who knew me, I could be whatever/whoever I wanted to be.  Now not that there weren't hiccups in Memphis because there were (a southern boy for example or a hot dance club on Beale Street) but I found out how much God loves me in Memphis and how much I love him :)  

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.   Proverbs 8:17


Strangely enough, Memphis is also where I fell in LOVE with Mike.  He would call me on the phone and we really got to know each other (now those of you that really know me, also know there were some MAJOR bumps in the road that lead to me marrying Mike-but for blog's sake, I will spare you).  Thanks Memphis, I will always say Y'All and smile because of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment