Friday, September 24, 2010

Suicides...

Upon entering my work-out (dreadful) session this morning, Greg "I hate your hamstrings" asks me this "So Koren, do you know what suicides are"  I am smart enough to pause and ponder this question because if I answer too fast he might assume I enjoy them...after sighing and trying to ask about the weather it is quite obvious where my morning is headed.  Outside in the parking lot for all of Dublin, OH to see, me jogging (dragging my body).  Now here is where my relationship with Greg goes south, after the first set of 10 line suicides (yuck), I feel okay thinking I am ready for the second set, I line up and he then decides it's a good time to tell me that the second set will be LUNGES then running back to start.  Okay, I will do a lot of things obediently but LUNGING is not one of them.  I hate lunges for the mere reason that after doing them I can not stand the soreness.  I know I am a big baby but seriously who enjoys this stuff?  Somehow the heavens aligned and I made it (even though Applebee's decided it was a good time to fire up the grill and pollute my air with the smell of baby back ribs, which might I say is not a good smell to have when you are hyperventilating).  Upon completion I felt I deserved a "Great job now you can go" instead I got a "Great job now time for squatting and chasing the medicine ball".  Seriously, I pay for this, not sure why especially since I am still blaming my dryer for my tight jeans, hoping it gets fixed before winter comes.  


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident.   Psalm 27:1,3


Now just incase Greg "I hate your hamstrings" has found out about this blog, I must say SLOWLY I am feeling more in shape (very slowly).  Please oh please don't make me give up Chocolate (or tortilla soup, or pizza, or chocolate mint cookie ice cream, or cinnamelts, or any of the other junk that I eat).  

2 comments:

  1. I once had a repairman come to my house to inspect the dryer because I was CONVINCED it was shrinking my clothes. Seriously. I'm sure he thought I was INSANE.
    Better luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well.... I found it :-)

    See you Wednesday

    Greg

    ReplyDelete