Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School

Today is Makayla's first day of school.  She was so excited.  Last night we practiced how our morning would go and when I woke-her up bright and early at 6:30 this morning she said mom, "It's my first morning as a first grader".  After perfecting her uniform (not sure I can handle all the pressure of making sure to follow all the guidelines-now I know why Sarah Jessica Parker flipper her skirt around in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun), my dad came over to see her.  She was beaming, I just do not remember ever being that excited for school.  Somehow we managed to get her there on time which is a miracle in itself :)  The school was over flowing with excitement-everyone in new shoes, new uniforms, hair brushed just right, tan skin and beaming with excitement-I couldn't help but wonder if I would find the same excitement in February?  Her teacher is adorable-all 27 years of her.  I am anxious to go pick her up!!!
This week has been one of ultra-soft kleenex (with lotion).  My nose has decided it's time to erupt and without warning, mind you, launched a full force monsoon.  Regardless of the fact that I now sound like Fran Drescher, I feel horrible.  I just need to stop at CVS and buy a new nettie pot-if I remember correctly that will solve all my problems :)

When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word i praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.  What can mortal man do to me?  Psalm 56:3-4

Mike is still the same, headaches and short term memory issues.  The good thing for him is he has an excuse now to get out of anything he doesn't want to do.
Me:  Mike, don't you remember I said we had parent open house tonight?  Mike:  no, I lost my memory remember
Me:  Mike, remember tonight is the bachelor pad, set the DVR, Mike:  Oh I forgot, remember I lost my memory.
Mike:  What are all these shopping bags in our closet?   Me:  Oh remember sweetie you told me to go shopping and spend LOTS of money on myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment