Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brain Brain Go Away...

After spending the day at the Brain and Spinal Hospital in Baltimore, MD I realized many things.   One; sometimes the doctors we choose and trust have their own agendas (it is unfortunate bc there are so many wonderful doctors but like any profession there are a few rotten ones), two; even the "Best" doctors do not know enough about the brain-it is a medical mystery, three; my children are not old enough to go inside the Brain and Spinal Hospital in Baltimore, MD :)
Mike is still having the same symptoms.   It is very scary stuff.  A big issue for me right now is returning him to "normal" health.  The big issue for every doctor we see is returning him to the football field.   This is beyond frustrating.  If there was ever a woman (or young lady as I prefer) that LOVES football, it is I.  I grew up with a pigskin in one hand and a clip board full of plays in the other.  I can read a play book, call a defense and even yell at the TV with the best of them.  I never dreamed that I would discourage a return to the game to anyone, but my time has come.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. "  Jeremiah 29:11




3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it must be hard to be away from extended family that could help with the kids, while you try to find help for Mike. I can only imagine the havoc 3 little ones would wreak at a world-renowned hospital. Yikes!
    Continuing to pray for recovery and our sanity.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I meant YOUR sanity. Although while I'm at it, I suppose I should pay for my own as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Koren....the blog is a great idea--thanks for keeping us up to date.

    I just gave a talk not too long ago to Cleveland Clinic sports med and neuro docs about ethics in sports medicine which specifically relates to this issue. Its an issue that really makes me angry ....I can't imagine what you are going through!

    I'm sure you have some great docs there...but I know a few fantastic neurologist and neurosurgeons at the clinic--let me know if I can help in anyway.....

    We will be thinking of you and your family. Keep us posted!

    Laura Buccini

    ReplyDelete