Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is it possible that a TRAIN ran me over while I was sleeping?

This morning I am struggling.   I just want to go back to bed and sleep (as Makayla is still doing) but my boys have other plans for me.   Stone is going to be the person at a sleepover that when he wakes up, so does everyone else.   I have tried to convince him that when he gets up and everyone else is still asleep he can crawl into bed with me, I guess I forgot that crawling into bed for him means, bringing every stuffed animal he owns, hitting me in the head with them one at a time as he chucks them in my bed, waking Kanon up to tell him he is about to get in my bed, turning the TV on and volume up, and then asking me loudly what is for breakfast.  Even in my tired stupor these are some of my best moments with him.  Before  I go any further it is imperative that you know Stone is my "one" that tests me a little bit more and then loves me a little bit more.   He is also the one of my three that can NOT do anything by himself.  His LOVE LANGUAGE is definitely praise because when he does something bad or good he wants EVERYONE to see it and comment on it.  So even though I am super tired, I am beyond thankful that God chose me to be his mom (and that my hair isn't gray yet).   
Today we are driving to Baltimore for another opinion on Mike's brain.  He is still dealing with horrible headaches and his short term memory is not right.  I guess the only positive in this is that by coincidence the NFL media has decided this is the summer to shed light on concussions and the effects.  With that being said everyone involved has been going the extra step to ensure this is handled properly.  Dan Rather did a show last night on hd.net and Real Sports with Bryant Gumble will also talk about concussions in the NFL on Aug. 17.  


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30


The BIBLE is the only place to find real "sleep" :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment