Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank You!!!

Over the last couple of days, I have received a tremendous amount of emails, texts, notes, and phone calls (I would say voice mails but I purposefully have no voice mail-sorry I know that frustrates some of my friends).  I realized I have an awesome support network, just another of the many blessings I have in my life.  In the realm of the world, never playing football again seems minor, in the realm of Mike's world, it is major.  I think we both assumed he would be done, but just maybe if he wanted to he could go back, next year, in two years, maybe like Brett Favre when he is a grandpa :)  But when the Doctors told him he could never play again, those words hit him hard.  Football has been more than a job to him.  From 1992 until now it has been his morning, noon, and night (I guess I have him beat b/c my love affair with football started at birth when my dad brought his team into the nursery to stare at me-but wait I was born very close to 1992 so it's even).  And when we look back at all the joy football has brought into our lives, we feel so lucky to get 8 seasons in the NFL-Mike had an amazing journey and I just know what is coming next, is even more amazing.  
So this morning, after Stone drilled me with a stuffed dog on the side of the head, I woke up very thankful for many things but today I feel most thankful for my friends.  I hope now, I can be an even better friend (hopefully one whose address won't change twice a year).

"My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  John 15:12-13

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Altough this is a tough time and I can only imagine that Mike is beyond disappointed, I totally agree with you on your outlook. One chapter has closed and another one will begin and it will be amazing! You two are not the type to just let life pass you by. You are active participants and this is just the beginning! I'm still cheering for the Furrey family! Love you! Rachel

    ReplyDelete