Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take Two of These and Call Me in the Morning...

Again, this morning my boy Kanon wants to hang out at 6:AM.   He really doesn't want to play with me though he uses me to reach his football guys way up high and then he says "Go Mom, Me play football".  I guess this is preparing me for what's to come, right.  When I am the dorky mom in the pick-up line, still in my PJ's, listening to the wrong station, waving and honking when I drop them off for Middle School, and I know they hear me but they pretend not to.   I see that glimpse into my future every once and awhile.  
So Mike is still fighting nausea and having headaches.   They gave him some pills to take last night but I think that's like putting a band-aid on something that needs stitches-unless fixed properly it will never heal. So I worry and I worry.   And the kids, well they continue to keep me on my toes.  As badly as I wanted to watch the Bachelor Pad last night (I know I should go to therapy for that addiction b/c I swear it sucks me in every time) Makayla wanted to dress-up like Glenda the "Good Witch" and I was the "Wicked Witch of the East".   Still trying to determine if that should offend me, I was thinking I would be Auntie Em or Dorothy but no, she said I am more like the Wicked Witch of the East.   Hoping today a house doesn't land on top of me.   


Ezek 16:44
"Everyone who quotes proverbs will quote this proverb about you: "Like mother, like daughter.
"



And this is my hope, that I am exactly like Makayla b/c there is no sweeter thing to be.  

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! (And yet still worrisome about Mike!)

    Don't feel too bad, Aiden was pushing on my stomach this morning and said, "Mommy, it's like a Bouncy House!" They keep it real, that's for sure!

    Praying Mike finds relief soooooon!

    ReplyDelete