Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet The Teacher

Last night was so much fun.  Mike and I got to go to my dad's high school football game.  Besides the fact that we did get a babysitter, it was the first time in 8 years that we could go and not have to then drive 3-8 hours back to where we lived.  My dad's team is young and this is his second year at the school so we really were not sure what to expect but it was a great crowd (slightly quiet though) and his team fought hard-they lost but they did not give up.  I know my dad was up all night, I got emails from him at 1:41 and 4:15 AM.  He loves what he does so I know he hates to lose.  I had fun cheering (screaming my head off) and Scotte who was once our "Manny" was there so we enjoyed talking (telling him what to do).  
Poor Mike is still having headaches.  I can not imagine this because I have a headache for an hour and I can not function.  He has had this throbbing, pounding headache now 24 hours a day for 4 weeks.  I think if he could just get a good night sleep it would help him but with the pressure in his head he can not sleep.  
Today we get to go to Makayla's new school and meet her teacher, Mrs. Stewart (as she hopes a lady who is somehow related to Miley Stewart on the Hannah Montana Show).  The cutest thing is I showed her the teachers picture on the schools website, and she said "Well she looks good but not as good as Mrs. Haase" For those of you who don't know Makayla LOVES LOVES LOVES her kindergarden teacher.  I think they will always be connected somehow.  She then proceeded to ask me if Mrs. Stewart knew as much as Mrs. Haase, because Mrs. Haase knows everything, like how to tell time and how to count to 100, how to teach manners, how to cough into her elbow.  I think she is nervous for her new school but I know she is excited to meet some friends and start learning all the fun things 1st graders learn (still can NOT believe she is going to 1st grade).  


"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom"  Luke 12:32


Tonight Mike is speaking at Half-Time of the Gridiron Classic.  It is exciting because it is a game between two public high schools and they want him to share his faith :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment