Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Walking

The dreaded work-out room in my basement has been quietly calling my name.   Yesterday, I finally could not ignore it anymore (it might have been the chicken salad and chicken enchiladas ).  I decided to exercise or at least walk on the treadmill.   After the electrical socket regained conscience after being used, the treadmill started (I was hoping it was broken but realized dust does not break a machine).  What some of you call relaxing and fun, I think of more as torture and cruelty.  In my teenage years and volleyball days, I didn't mind the occasional visit to the gym but since 2000 me and exercise do not mesh.  I guess one decade is long enough so I will start again (unless of course my metabolism returns then I will go back to normal-which by the way if you see my metabolism anywhere please send it back).
Mike visited yet another neurologist yesterday.  They have decided to keep him on just two pills a day (i can live with that) and check back with him in a month.  They think his headaches and nausea could last up to 4 more months.  After going back through his history they found he had 7 documented concussions since 1999.  This Doctor told him if he had not already been told, there is no way he could risk playing again.  Mike felt good to know more than one doctor felt the same way.

So Jesus said to them, "For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. "While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light."  John 12:35-36



1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you guys all of the time, Koren. Glad you and Mike are getting some answers, even though they may not be welcome ones. We will keep him in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete